Tending the Cauldron and "Outdwellers" (16,17)


(I just keep doubling up. Probably because I've set aside for these things for the evening, and there's hockey that happens...)

Going around the monthly devotional cycle, Sunday night was "Tending the Cauldron." There are so many cauldrons and related things in Celtic mythology, but THIS one is Dagda Mor's Cauldron of Plenty, the coire ansic, which was never empty. I have this in the east and it's also the shrine associated with water.


   

So there's lots of sea and ocean imagery. Dagda has to share his shrine for now with La Sirene, which is another post...

In addition to the metaphysical work, in the mundane world I try to do some sort of service work. Right now, I'm convinced that we have enough money that no one should be hungry and unhoused, so I try to do something related to that. (Again, in my perfect world...)

I call out this night to the Lord of Riches

The Master of the Cauldron of Plenty

Dagda Mor, Good God

All-Father, Fertile One,

Lord of Great Knowledge

Tonight I tend your cauldron that never runs dry

I stoke the fire, I stir the contents

I make sure there is enough to share

And share with those in need.


At my own hearth, I tend not to 'do anything' with the Outdwellers. When we first moved into our house, in I think the October Full Moon (which I thought was ON Samhain but not according to the calendar) I did some workings to protect our land. Between that and the bargains with the house and land spirits it's just not necessary....


....except for those outdwellers that dwell within, and I was recently reminded about those.... so...


I see my anger and rage
I see my fear
I see my inner critique
I see my imposter syndrome

I see all those things that get in my way
I see all those things that don't allow me to be fully me
To enjoy life, be open to others
To be fully engaged

I see you, and I name you
And I set you aside
Maybe not forever
But for this time and this place




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)