Garanus and Ancestors (Daily Devotion version; 21, 22)

 Doubling up again....

A few years back, ADF started to develop the idea of "orders."  The idea of orders, I think, was to allow members to explore concepts in more depth. They have study programs, and have to have a clergy member to oversee them (for reasons I still don't fully understand or agree with, but there we are).

Seamus and MJD developed the Order of the Crane. (It may have been the first order approved, in keeping with the grove's ambition at the time. If not, it was second by not much.) One of the requirements of the order is devotional work with Garanus, after a journey to meet him.  I took this work up MAYBE last year, after like 20 years or so of working with Garanus in the grove context.  I've decided Sunday evenings are the day for it.  There's a "canned" devotional in the materials, and I've tried it but ... it doesn't quite "feel" right.  So I'ma do it my way :) 


** picture of garanus shrine**

A child of the Earth calls out to Garanus

Master of Land, Sea, and Sky

Transformer and Healer

Inspire me to service to others

Motivate me in service to the Earth

Support me as I do for others

I give thanks for the week that has passed

And ask your blessings, protection, and wisdom for the week yet to come

Continuing through the Core Order of my daily devotionals, I'm going to cheat a bit and post what I say for each of the three kindred, starting with the Ancestors. My Sunday ancestor thing is specifically about my blood-kin.  This is more generic, and actually I've tweaked it a bit.  The "Descendent" part is something I adopted from rituals done at Four Quarters Farm. Even though I won't be having my own descendents (sadly) that doesn't mean that descendents in general shouldn't be honored.

Ancestors
Bones of my bones
Whose blood runs through my veins
Whose breath is on the air that I breathe

Ancestors of my heart
Ancestors of my spirit
Who have guided my knowledge and my path

Descendents
Those awaiting to arrive
Those of my family
Those of my path
For seven generations forward

Ancestors and Descendents
I give thanks for the night
And ask your blessings, protection, and wisdom for the day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)