Ancestors (hearth devotional version; 15)

Sundays were always days for extended family. Maybe it was an aunt, uncle, or cousin's birthday, or holiday, or some other reason, but we'd head over to one or the other side of  the family's house with grandparents, too, and spend usually the afternoon.  So for me Sundays are ancestor days.  


Older version. Sadly it has more photos, etc. on it now

On an ideal Sunday, I will have poured the first cup of coffee and given it to the ancestors.  I light a candle and their incense (usually copal).  I really like to do this before anyone else gets up.  

This prayer is actually adapted from one in Malbrough's Magical Powers of the Saints.

I give thanks to my dearly departed ancestors
I give thanks to my great grandparents: 
Kerns, Wheelers, Barrs, Roberts, Nobles, Quinns, Stevens, Roofs

I give thanks to my dearly departed great uncles*:
Tom, Paul, Bernard, Charlie, Albert

I give thanks to my dearly departed great aunts*
Mary, Dorothy, Louise, Jemima, Katherine, Jean

I give thanks to my dearly departed grandparents
Lee and Francis Noble
Robert and Helen Kern

I give thanks to my dearly departed uncle
Tom Noble

I give thanks to my dearly departed aunt
Pat Kern

I give thanks to my dearly departed mother-in-law Janet Dillard and father-in-law James Dillard

I give you this offering of that which so enjoyed in life
That we may share it together

I am grateful for the life I have been given
For the blessings you continue to bestow upon me
May I always be an honor to your memory



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)