Gatekeeper (11)

In case folks haven't figured it out, I'm doing my prayer-a-day in order of the ADF Core Order of Ritual.  I am now at the section of the Gatekeeper.  At my home shrine, I invite my spirit guides to be my gatekeepers.  For those not in ADF, the basic gist is this spirit works with you to open the gates between the worlds. Sometimes they act as warders and protectors, sometimes as guides, sometimes all the above, whichever.


Photo by Luna Sophie from Pexels


I have three spirit guides.  I've loved snakes since I was a wee small child, and so that's an obvious choice.  When I was a baby-pagan I had a dream where an injured owl was on my back patio, and I helped it, then had a dream it came back.  Lastly, at a festival workshop on trancing and such, I unexpectedly came across a bear in the vision. I stopped looking for animal guides at that point; three is enough.  Many years later, I reason out that then I have one for each of the three realms (land, sea, and sky), so I incorporate them into my daily devotional.

I'm cheating a bit here. This is mostly what I say "every" day, and at almost any home rite that I'm doing by myself.  

Owl above me

Bear beside me

Snake below me

Join your magic with mine 

As we walk the elder ways together

Let the Gates be open

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)