Nature spirits come in all shapes and sizes.

 I hope the Leo Full moon Sunday night had you find your creativity!  

I ended up leading an Imbolc rite at the store, but before that managed to sneak in to a workshop by my friend, Forest, on Astrology for Manifestation.  

I'm not going to give any spoilers, but I'm TOTALLY going to plug her workshops. Her approach to astrology is as a tool for self-knowledge and self-actualization (my interpretation, anyway) rather than a determination of your fate, and it's at the down to earth and accessible, and at the same time well-researched and in-depth. She knows her stuff. Take her classes, get your chart done!

End of commercial.

What it got me thinking about was how astrology fits into my current path. I like writing about suns and moons (as you can tell) but I'm never sure how it "fits." The way Druidry has developed (at least my order), there's very little call for astrology in any formal way. I remember as a baby-pagan reading about houses and signs and planetary hours and associations, and being fascinated, but I mostly left it behind when I saw all the geometry. Now I have a website that I can use for the math part, but other than that it's been just a side note.

We were talking about planets and approaching planets as spirits, entities with agency and likes and dislikes, and it sort of hit me.

Planets are REALLY BIG NATURE SPIRITS.

Hear me out.  My Druidry is all about making offerings to the birch tree, the apple tree, the "crops" that grow on my land, the raccoons and possums and then the un-attached spirits as well (gnomes, etc.).  I name my car, and I believe she has a spirit.  So ... why CAN'T the same thing be said of planets. Or even of stars, or of groups of stars that become constellations?

I don't know how far down this rabbit hole I'm going, other than being really tempted to set up shrines for them all. I have no idea where. But that's a cool thing that happens if you never stop learning.


Picture of the planet Jupiter against the blackness of space.
Photo by @T Keawkanok: https://www.pexels.com/photo/high-definition-photo-of-jupiter-13229275/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)