June Solstice-A-Long Day 4: Self-Purification


Image result for purification of the heart




Good day! And welcome to Day 4 of the Three Cranes Grove Solstice-a-Long!

Somewhere in the depths of my pagan experiences, I recall a workshop or reading or something somewhere that juxtaposed the Oak King and Holly King as fighting at the solstices, and then somehow linked them to Jesus (celebrated 12/25) and St. John the Baptist, whose day is 6/23, as if that was some echo of the Oak King/Holly King mythos.  Now, I’m not sure I buy that, specifically, however I do know that in New Orleans, St. John’s Eve is celebrated with a head-washing ceremony in honor of Marie Laveau.   The idea of purification by water is evident in MANY cultures.

So, today…take a bath. Or wash your hands, or do whatever but in the spirit of purification. We all walk through everyone’s psychic gunk during our days. I liken it to walking past someone who is smoking, or wearing a lot of perfume, or whatever, and that scent seems to cling to you.  Wash that away, so that you are not taking anything with you into the new half of the year.  As you light today’s candle, do so in honor of your newly cleansed self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)