Belated happy Halig, Equinox, Equilux

Just looking for a place to put this. I did my Autumn Equinox 3-day devotional that I have detailed in my book Following the Sun: Hearth and Home Devotionals Through the Wheel of the Year (available at The Magical Druid).  Here were my divination results (using Taren Martin's Rune Deck, also sometimes available at the Magical Druid; rune poem translations come from the accompanying booklet).

What is the lesson of the season that has passed?

Yr -- A bow is for noblemen
and warriors everywhere
a joy and mark of distiction,
upon a fair horse,
steadfast on its course, a part of the war-gear

Skill and mastery come with consistent commitment and practice.

What do I need to be wary of?

Ken -- The pine is a tree that is know by all
for its flame,
shining and brilliant it often burns
where the people relax inside

An interesting omen here. I have the phrase "all is not gold that glitters" in my head.  Be aware of hearth or community fires that may not be what they seem.

What is the lesson of the season to come?

Eoh -- On the outside, the yew is a rough tree,
hared and secured in eth earth, keeper of fires,
sustained by deep roots
It is a pleasure to have on one's land.

Connection and reliability. To pull from the 2nd omen, the hearthfire that is reliable and consistent is where to find connection.

Maybe?  I'll have to think on it some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2026! An announcement and some astrology

Fall Blogging challenge Days 1-4

Inspiration (10)