Happy Holy Weeks!

 

roup-of-lit-candles-in-a-row-burning-in-the-darkness-golden-tones-with-selective-focus-on-candle-and-background-blur
Photo by Marta Nogueira


"It's the most wonderful tiiime of the yeeeear"


If I was better at such things, I'd do a whole re-write of that song.  Maybe I will work on it later.


We are coming up to Samhain and while, yes, I do have the moon stuff to post, I wanted to take a step back to kind of review what the heck I'm doing this season!  If you're local to me, I would love to see you at the future events!

First up was this past Saturday, when I was going to go to Day of the Dead put on every year by Latino Arts for Humanity at Greenlawn Cemetery in Columbus.   They have ofrendas, art, music, awesome food, and it's a lovely kick off.  Greenlawn is also where my grandparents are buried, so it gives me a chance to honor them, as I try to make a special effort to do so this time of year.

If we have ourselves organized, my spouse and I take a day and travel to various cemeteries where our ancestors' graves are in Ohio.  It's a long day, going down to Southern Ohio, almost to the river, and back.  I don't know if we can swing it this year.

So that was past....what's coming up? This weekend I will be attending Autumn Fires, the last festival for me for the season. It's the first time I've been able to go for more than just a day, so I'm excited about that. I am less excited about the weather.... But that is what camping in October gets you!

There's no more formal festivities between then and THE WEEK.  My Holy Week will start on the 28th, with a costume party with family.  Then we have the Samhain Ritual at the store on Sunday 10/29.  

Trick or treat is on October 31, so we will hopefully have the halls all decked to hand out candy and toys.  Then at the end of the week, on Saturday is Columbus Witches Ball with workshops, vendors. music, and the last Samhain ritual for the season. 

In between those dates, I will have the ancestor altar decked out, candles lit, incense and other offerings given. For me, it is a time to reflect on, and be grateful for, all those who have touched my life and are no longer here.  All that I am today is a result of those connections, no matter how fleeting.  Of course, the blood relatives are the obvious ones, but there are more.

May the ancestors share their blessings with you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)