Leo to Virgo Moon stuff

 

Iridiscent Blue Damselfly on a leaf of grass
Photo by Erik Karits: https://www.pexels.com/photo/landscape-nature-water-blue-17590944/

When I searched for free stock photos associated with "Virgo" I got many pictures of damselflies like the above. I have no idea why, but they are beautiful....

And apologies for the less than spiffy title :)  Anyway...

So for this "moonth," we are holding on to Leo for JUST a little bit longer.  The New Moon in Leo on August 16. SUPER early in the morning. My phone app said it was today!  The New Moon in Leo focuses on self-expression, creativity, and leadership. As you set your intention for this moon, it may be good to meditate on the right use of your power and personal will.  If you know what house your moon falls in that can help. Mine is in the sixth house ALL month, focusing health and habits, routines, etc. and I am SORELY in need of working on that.

First Quarter moon (August 24) has the sun finally moving into Virgo, and square the Moon in Sagittarius. The friction here is between Virgo's attention to detail and Sagittarius's tendency to go for the latest new thing.  For me, it's in my ninth house of expanding consciousness, so given my house placement, it's maybe a caution about being distracted by a new diet, exercise, or health plan that may be less based in science.  OR, maybe not to get bogged down in the details?

Our Full Moon in Pisces opposes our Virgo sun late night on August 30.  There is tension here between detail-oriented and reality-focused Virgo, and idealist, dreamy Pisces.  Personally, I am now sensing a theme....

Finally, we close out the cycle with the Last Quarter moon on September 6.  The sun is still in Virgo, but this time is square the moon in Gemini.  Gemini is a lot like Sagittarius, in the question for knowledge, but now Gemini moon wants analyze everything... even if that means stepping away from the routines I am trying to establish.

With my new school year about to start, I can see a lot of places where I can work with the energies this month. If you want to know where your houses are, I recommend http://astro.com to get a natal chart, and then a transit chart to see where your planets and signs are.  (If you're local, hit me up at the shop and I can help).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I don't believe in Mercury Retrograde"

New Moon in Virgo, heading toward Balance (Libra)